Skip to main content



Getting Started with VA Benefits

Eligibility for Veterans Education benefits is determined by the Veterans Administration. Applications for VA Education Benefits should be submitted online through the GI Bill website.

You may contact the VA Administration at 1-888-442-4551 to confirm your eligibility.


  1. Apply online through the Veterans Affairs website.

Apply for benefits

  1. Provide a copy of DD-214 or NOBE to the VA Certifying Official (Financial Aid Office, Student Center).
  2. Provide a copy of the “Certificate of Eligibility” once you receive confirmation from the VA.
  3. Choose a VA approved program of study. Most academic programs that award a degree, diploma or certificate are approved. Consult with the VA Certifying Official if you have questions.
  4. Meet all ICC and VA admission requirements.
    • Complete an ICC Application for Admission.
    • Submit official high school or GED transcripts to the ICC Records Office.
    • Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended to the ICC Records Office.
    • Complete any required placement testing.
  5. Provide a copy of your class schedule to the VA Certifying Official at the beginning of each semester you wish to receive benefits.
  6. Inform the VA Certifying Official immediately of ANY changes in enrollment status (i.e., add or drop a class, withdrawal, etc).

Contact for information

Lisa Bridges
Financial Aid Counselor/ VA Coordinator