Skip to main content



Special Credit Enrollment

(Non-degree, diploma, or certificate seeking)

This classification will allow you to earn college credit by taking courses that you may later transfer into a certificate, diploma, or degree program. It also allows you to forego declaring a curriculum major and to bypass some of the admissions procedures associated with other programs.

Financial Aid

Financial aid for special credit students may be limited, but Isothermal has opportunities to help. Please contact financial aid at 828-395-4198 or for more information.


Please be aware that to graduate, you must be in a certificate, diploma, or degree program. To qualify for graduation you must declare a curriculum program of study (major) with the Admissions Department, meet all admissions requirements for that program, and complete a graduation application. As you have questions, we are here to help each step of the way.

Next Steps - For Classes with Prerequisites

Prerequisites have been eliminated wherever possible. You may need to submit your official high school or college transcript. For questions contact the Advising and Success Center at or 828-395-1436. 

  • If needed, send official transcripts to or Admissions Office, Isothermal Community College, PO Box 804, Spindale, NC 28160.

  • You may be able to request an official high school transcript through the CFNC website. You will need to know your NC Wise (lunch) number. If not, you will need to contact your high school to obtain an official copy.

  • Verify when your transcript is received at Isothermal through Patriot Port 

For any other questions about your status as a special credit student, please contact Admissions at or 828-395-1442

Contact for information

Student Center, 18
Office: 828-395-4193
Fax: 828-286-8109
Department Directory

Office hours

8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Subject to change depending on availability.