Isothermal Community College offers a special bridge program for certified EMT’s and Paramedics that allows them to take the certifications they have already earned and apply them toward an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Science. This provides the opportunity for career advancement as well as the ability to advance one’s education.
Students interested in pursuing the Associate Degree in Emergency Medical Science must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) online interview/application. Record your Residency Certification Number (RCN). You will need it for the Isothermal application.
- Submit application for admission. Please select the Pre-Health Science- EMS major.
- Submit official high school transcripts or GED.
- Submit copy of BCLS- Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA Healthcare Provider) certification.
- Submit copy of PALS- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification.
- Submit copy of ACLS- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Submit copy of ITLS- International Trauma Life Support OR PHTLC-pre-hospital Trauma Life Support certification.
- Submit copy of NC EMT-Paramedic certification.
- Take college placement test and either place out of DRE 098 or complete DRE 098.
For more information about this program, contact the program advisor at 828-395-1767. For admissions questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 828-395-1442.