Important dates for registration
Spring Registration Information
Registration is open October 31 - December 2, 2016.
Year-round aid is available. Talk to Financial Aid office about the Powers Scholarship.
Last Chance Registration for Spring Term is January 4-5, 2017
First Day of Spring Classes is January 6.
Steps to enrollment
Apply for admission
To start (if you are currently not at student), you need to fill out an application for admission.
Having trouble choosing a major? Career counseling is available. Call 828-395-1436 to arrange an appointment.
Submit an official copy of your transcripts
Contact all of your former schools for copies of your transcripts (High school, GED, and any college credits). These must be delivered in a sealed, unbroken envelope from each institution.
Fill out financial aid forms
All students should complete a FAFSA to determine aid eligibility for grants and most scholarships. FAFSA worksheets and most recent scholarship applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. When filling out your FAFSA, use school code: 002934.
After your FAFSA is completed, there are several options for available financial aid.
- Federal and State
- Includes Pell Grant and NC grants
- Powers Scholarship
- Available to students who are not eligible for the Pell Grant and are Rutherford or Polk County residents. Powers is generated on a first come, first served basis. Students must complete community service hours to maintain the scholarship.
- Institutional Scholarships
- Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.
- Financial help based on your employment status, your family's self-sufficiency, and any barriers to employment you may have. For more details call the WIOA office at 828-395-4213.
After you have been admitted, we will contact you about what comes next -- but here's a heads-up.
Schedule placement tests
When your application has been processed by the Admissions Office, we will send you a letter with instructions for scheduling your placement test. Call 828-395-1436 to be scheduled for your placement test, if applicable.
Register for your classes
You may begin planning your schedule by visiting Patriot Port by using the "Search for sections" link in the Student section. Contact your advisor (given to you in the acceptance package) to schedule an appointment to start registration.
Pay your tuition at the Business Office
After registering for classes, you will need to pay your tuition at the Business Office. While there, you can get an official copy of your schedule or print one from Patriot Port. Keep in mind that you may have to pay out of pocket if you missed the financial aid deadline.