The Manicuring Instructor curriculum provides a course of study covering the skills needed to teach the theory and practices of manicuring as required by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology. Course work includes all phases of manicuring theory laboratory instruction. Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology State Board Manicuring Instructor Licensing Exam and upon passing be qualified for employment in a cosmetology or manicuring school.
Graduates will be able to:
- Identify theories of education and develop lesson plans for an active learning environment.
- Deliver classroom instruction in an active learning environment.
- Demonstrate supervisory techniques to effectively oversee students in a clinical setting.
- Assess student performance in a classroom setting to meet the NC Board of Cosmetic Art standards.
- Keep accurate records of student performances in a clinical setting.
- Instructor/Educator for Specialized Area, Private or Community College
- Self Employed by Ownership/Partnership