The General Occupational Technology curriculum provides individuals with an opportunity to upgrade their skills and to earn an associate degree by taking courses suited for their occupational interests and/or needs. The curriculum content will be individualized for students according to their occupational interests and needs. A program of study for each student will be selected from associate degree-level courses offered by the College. Graduates will become more effective workers, better qualified for advancements within their field of employment, and become qualified for a wide range of entry-level employment opportunities.
Graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively through writing, reading, speaking, and listening through the demonstration of information literacy
- Analyze problems and make logical conclusions
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills through cooperative learning and group interaction
- Demonstrate quantitative competencies
- State an academic goal related to the student’s chosen track in health sciences
What NCCCS colleges can you transfer into?
- Medical Assisting: A- B Tech; CPCC; WPCC.
- Medical Lab Technology: A-B Tech; Greenville Technical College (GTC) SC; WPCC.
- Occupational Technology Assistant: GTC.
- Physical Therapy Assistant: Caldwell CC; CPCC; GTC.
- Radiography: A B Tech; Caldwell CC; CVCC; Cleveland CC (CCC); GTC.
- Respiratory Therapy: CVCC; CPCC.
- Sonography: A-B Tech; Caldwell CC; CVCC; GTC
- Speech Language Pathology: Caldwell CC.
- Veterinary Medical Technology: A-B Tech, Gaston College.
Potential employers for graduates:
- Outpatient Centers
- Doctor's Offices
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Medical Research Centers