A program that prepares individuals to manage agricultural businesses and agriculturally related operations within diversified corporations. Potential course works includes instruction in agriculture, agricultural specialization, business management, accounting, finance, marketing, human resources management, and other managerial responsibilities. Students will learn the fundamentals of agriculture, focusing on crop production and business. Emphasis is placed on entrepreneurial and field training. Students will also learn the basic principles of our economic system and government policies and programs relating to agriculture. Graduates should qualify for a variety of jobs in agricultural businesses such as equipment, feed, and agricultural supply sales; store management; farm operations; wholesale and retail produce management; nursery operations; and environmental and agricultural education.
Graduates will be able to:
- Recognize and describe the role of Agribusiness in the US and how it impacts the local community.
- Define and describe the difference between Agribusiness and traditional business.
- Explain the impact of sustainable agriculture in our environment and our economy.
- Describe sustainable land care practices and how they impact soil and water quality.
- Students shall be able to complete loan application procedures and explain the basic laws affecting the agriculture industry.
- Discuss various economic principles and articulate the impact that those principles have on domestic and global economies.
- Explain the role of marketing in Agribusiness Technology and apply core marketing principles to the development of Agribusiness strategy and decision-making process.
Our graduates will qualify for a variety of jobs in agriculture business such as:
- Agriculture Supply Sales
- Store Management
- Farm Operations
- Wholesale and retail produce
- Nursery Operations
- Agribusiness related industry
- transferability to higher education