Skip to main content



Use of Design Professional Services and Bidding for Construction Work

As required by N.C.G.S. § 133-1.1 and the Office of State Construction (“State Construction”), the College must use a licensed, registered, architect and/or engineer for College buildings that are being repaired and/or constructed.  In addition, architects and/or engineers may be used for other services including: 

  1. Preparing feasibility studies for additions, alterations or renovations of existing facilities; 
  2. Providing consulting services on technical matters; 
  3. Providing services related to long-range planning or facility design; and 
  4. Assisting in the preparation and submission of any documents requested by other governmental agencies.   

All procedures are aligned with requirements set forth in the State Construction Manual for bidding for construction work.

Policy Number: 02.02.10

Legal Reference:

N.C.G.S. §§ 44A-26; 143-128, -128.3 and -128.3; -128.4, -129; -133.3, -135.26; 147- Articles 6C and 6G;

State Construction Manual Legal Reference:
N.C.G.S. §§ 133-1.1, 143-64.31 - .34; State Construction Manual – Chapter 300

Adopted: March 28, 2023

Download a PDF of this policy