Critical Incident Response
In the event of a critical incident, individuals should use the following procedures:
- To the extent possible, move to a safe location, contact 9–1–1 and provide as much information as possible (e.g., description of incident, person(s) involved, injuries sustained, if applicable). If able, also contact the college Campus Resource Officer and the Director of Marketing and Community Relations, who will initiate emergency notifications as appropriate.
- “Lockdown” classroom or office, turn out lights and move away from windows or doorways and take cover utilizing any solid objects that could offer protection.
- Silence cell phones and avoid use of mobile devices to prevent device lights and sounds from disclosing your location.
- If you have, or learn, more information, contact 9–1–1 (only make additional contacts if you have additional or updated information and it is safe for you to do so).
- Keep calm and make sound decisions. Remain in lockdown until you receive notification from College officials or law enforcement that all is clear.
- In the event the campus is being evacuated, consult Procedure 02.01.02.01 – Campus Evacuation Plan.