Skip to main content



College-related Emergencies

I. Emergency Medical Assistance

  1. The College does not provide medical treatment of employees or students. However, the College will have medical first aid kits located in each campus building.
  2. In the event of an emergency, College personnel and/or individuals present will contact emergency services by dialing 9-1-1 and request first responder services.
  3. All accidents involving College employees are to be reported to Human Resources Incident report forms must be completed within two (2) business days.
  4. Students who are covered under student accident insurance should notify the Dean of Students or Dean of Continuing Education within one (1) business day. If the accident occurs in a classroom or lab, the appropriate employee should complete the Incident Form The Administrator will assist the student in making a claim to the insurance company. Students are also encouraged to report any acute medical conditions to the Dean of Students or Dean of Continuing Education and to their instructors.
  5. If emergency medical services are required off campus, i.e., firing range, defensive driving course, etc., established emergency medical procedures for that location should be followed in conjunction with the aforementioned procedures.
  6. The following procedures should be followed if an accident occurs involving a College vehicle:
    1. Dial 9-1-1 if emergency services or an ambulance is needed;
    2. Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency to obtain a report;
    3. Obtain as much information as possible from any other parties involved in the accident; and
    4. Contact the Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance and immediate supervisor.

Policy Number: 02.01.04

Adopted: March 28, 2023

Download a PDF of this policy