Microsoft Office Download
Instructions for downloading and installing Microsoft Office from Isothermal student email
All students with an Isothermal student email have access to Microsoft Office as a free download. Microsoft Office can be downloaded and installed on Windows PC or a Mac computer. The free download includes the following products from the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Please note: Access is NOT included in the free download.
Steps to download and install:
- Login to your student email. If you need assistance logging into your email, contact the Help Desk at 828.395.1437 or visit them on campus.
- After logging into Outlook you are at the Outlook Portal Landing page.
- In the top-right corner of the page you will see the Install Office 2016 button (see image below). Click the Install Office 2016 button.
- A dialog box displays and asks you to save the file (see image below). Click the Save File button.
- Another dialog box displays to name the file. Click the Save button.
- After the download is completed, you need to Run the downloaded file.
- If your computer does not automatically display the Run dialog box you need to locate the file.
- In this example, the Run dialog box does NOT automatically display and I am using the Firefox browser.
- In the top-right hand corner of the Firefox browser, locate the downward pointing arrow (this shows downloaded files).
- Click the arrow one time and the downloaded files are displayed (see image below).
- The file at the top of the list is the most recently downloaded file.
- Click this file to display the Run dialog box (see image below).
- From the Run dialog box, click the Run button and click Yes to start installing Microsoft Office.
- You need to stay online and connected to the Internet while downloading Microsoft Office. Disconnecting during the install may cause the installation to not execute correctly.
- Once Microsoft Office installation is finished, you can now use the Microsoft Office products.