Isothermal Community College

Financial Aid

Getting Started with VA Benefits

Eligibility for Veterans Education benefits is determined by the Veterans Administration. Applications for VA Education Benefits should be submitted online through the GI Bill web site at

You may contact the VA Administration at 1-888-442-4551 to confirm your eligibility.

ICC Procedures:

1. Have you received VA Education Benefits before?

  • If YES - Complete VA Form 22-1995, Change of Program or Place of Training, with the VA Certifying Official in Financial Aid Office (Student Center Building).

  • If NO - Complete Application for VA Benefits (Form 22-1990), online at

2. Provide copy of DD-214 or NOBE to VA Certifying Official (Financial Aid Office, Student Center).

3. Provide a copy of the “Certificate of Eligibility” once you receive confirmation from the VA.

4. Choose a VA approved program of study. Most academic programs that award a degree, diploma or certificate are approved. Consult with VA Certifying Official if you have questions.

5. Meet all ICC and VA admission requirements.

  • Complete an ICC Application for Admission.
  • Submit official high school or GED transcripts to the ICC Records Office.
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended to the ICC Records Office.
  • Complete any required placement testing.

5. Provide copy of class schedule to VA Certifying Official at the beginning of EVERY semester you wish to receive benefits.

6. Inform the VA Certifying Official immediately of ANY changes in enrollment status (i.e., add or drop a class, withdrawal, etc).