Young Poets' Contest
Isothermal Community College is once again sponsoring a young poets’ contest for young people who are 5-12 years old and residents of Rutherford, Polk, McDowell, or Cleveland Counties. Winning entries and honorable mentions will be recognized publicly and published in the school literary magazine, the Anuran.
First, second, and third place winners of the Young Poets' Contest will receive a certificate and a copy of the Anuran.
- Each entrant must be 5-12 years old and reside in Rutherford, Polk, McDowell, or Cleveland County.
- Each entrant may submit up to two entries of any length.
- Entries will be judged for originality, interest, clarity, organization, development, and correctness.
- Entries should be submitted to Erin Balmer or Matthew Humphries, Faculty Suite, Administration Building, 2nd floor. Or, they may be mailed to Erin Balmer, Isothermal Community College, P.O. Box 804, Spindale, NC 28160. Entrants may also send their submission via email to email@example.com to the attention of Erin Balmer or Matthew Humphries.
- All poems must be typed on 8 ½ x 11 paper (1 poem per page) and have a title.
- The entrant’s name should appear ONLY on a cover sheet, which will be number-coded with the poem and removed before judging. The cover sheet should contain the following: Title of Poem, Name, Address, Telephone Number, plus the Statement “I certify the attached poem is my own original creation,” followed by the entrant’s signature. Or, the statement may read “I certify the attached poem is ______________’s creation” and be signed by a parent or guardian.