Learning Support and Retention
- Navigate to the www.cfnc.org website
If you have never created a college foundation account, select "Create an Account" and follow the steps below.
If you have created an account previously, sign in using with your username and password.
- Read the information, and then click on "Create an Account."
- Select "Go" next to the College or Post-Secondary School Student option
- Type in "Isothermal Community College," then select "Next"
- Complete the account information form. Please remember to write down your username and password in order to use the site again.
- (*) items must be provided. Select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- Next, complete the information required and select "Submit."
- Click "Continue," then begin taking the assessment.
- Write down your username and password so that you can remember it. You may need to use it again in the future.
- Once you have created an account, select the "Plan" tab, then select "For a Career." The College Foundation has many career exploration options that you may find useful in completing your Holland Code assignment. Explore the other options listed on the website. Use the tips below to help guide you through the process.
- Select "Learn About Yourself."
- Next, click on "Interest Profiler."
- Answer the questions by clicking whether you "like," "not sure," or "dislike" the activity.
- The three interest areas in which you scored the highest will be your Holland Code. Your interest areas are ranked in a box to the side of your top interest areas. For example, if your highest score is "Realistic," your 2nd highest is "Enterprising" and your 3rd highest is "Conventional," your Holland Code is REC.
- Next, explore the different options available on the CFNC website, especially the "Refine Your Search" option located in the box to the left of your results. Click on "See Your Matching Careers" located at the bottom of the next page. You may also want to explore the many other options available under the "Plan For a Career" tab.