Learning College Manual
Mileage and Commuting Reimbursement
College employees may be reimbursed when driving to off-campus assignments in personal vehicles, employees shall be reimbursed as follows:
- No mileage payment will be due if the distance to the off-campus assignment from the employee’s residence is less than the distance to the campus. Mileage beyond the distance to the campus will be paid.
- Mileage from the campus to off-campus assignments will be fully reimbursed.
- When travel occurs outside of the employee’s normal hours and originate from their residence, then reimbursement will be made from the employee’s residence to the travel site and return.
- When travel occurs to off-campus assignments and round-trip mileage is seventy-five (75) miles or less, then reimbursement will be at the higher mileage rate. If round-trip is more than seventy-five (75) miles, then reimbursement will be at the lower mileage rate.
- Part-time instructors may be reimbursed when travel is more than twenty-five (25) miles one way from instructors home to duty station, is not part of a regular on-going course and travel is approved on the employment contract. Reimbursement made for normal community expenses will be processed through payroll and taxed according to Internal Revenue Service regulations.
The intent of these provisions is to recognize travel expenses that exceed the daily commuting distance that is the employee’s responsibility as a condition of employment. Special circumstances (e.g. temporary or part-time contracted service providers) not covered by these policies may be addressed on an individual basis.
Policy No: 702-02-01AP
Adopted: May 22, 1991
Amended: May 5, 1992; July, 20, 2006