The Learning College Manual
Campus Support and Facilities
The following policy guidelines are to be observed:
- No personal long distance calls are to be charged to any of the college numbers.
- No personal FAX messages are to be transmitted.
- It is the policy of the administration to interrupt classes as little as possible. Only in emergencies should faculty or students be interrupted during a class. Should a faculty member receive a non-emergency telephone call, the secretary should take the name and number of the caller and notify the faculty member of the call.
- All employees should keep personal calls to a minimum. Employees should make every effort to limit the duration of personal calls since a personal call does take a business trunk line out of operation.
- Cell phones must be turned off in classrooms and the library.
- College employees may make reasonable personal use of the campus network, E-Mail, and the Internet as long as the direct, measurable cost to the public is none or is negligible, and there is no negative impact on employees’ performance of duties.
Adopted: May 22, 1991
Amended: July 20, 2006
Policy No: 801-04-02