Learning College Manual
2010-2012 Strategic Planning
In an effort to accomplish Isothermal Community College’s strategic vision, the college community will:
Student Outcome: Students will obtain credentials for employment and future education
- Student Goal: Strive to increase student retention, completion and graduation rates.
- Goal Assessment: Graduation and completion rates, Transfer and employment rates,
The following objectives and activities have been identified as being critical to achieving this goal.
- Student Objective #1: To improve life through learning for all Isothermal students by providing seamless transitions between each educational step
- Student Objective #2: To improve life through learning for all Isothermal students by providing high quality academic programs
- Student Objective #3: To improve life through learning for all Isothermal students by reducing barriers for student success.
Employee Outcome: Employees will grow professionally to be efficient and effective contributors to the mission of Isothermal Community College
- Employee Goal: To improve life through learning for all Isothermal employees by promoting professional development, collaborative decision making and a productive internal climate
- Goal Assessment: Faculty credentials, Professional development travel, degrees earned, involvement in decision making taskforces, committees and teams, climate survey
- Employee Objective #1: Providing opportunities for personal and professional growth and fulfillment through professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Employee Objective #2: Providing tools to overcome obstacles and challenges through accessible information
- Employee Objective #3: Creating and sustaining a participative learning environment through opportunities to engage in collaborative decision making
Organizational Outcome: Be a responsible citizen of Rutherford and Polk Counties by using resources in an effective and efficient manner and providing quality internal and external service.
- Organizational Goal: To improve life through organizational learning through efficient resource usage and allocation and quality internal and external service
- Goal Assessment: Budget allocated versus expenditures, Resource usage (utility cost/usage), stakeholder satisfaction, internal service satisfaction
- Organizational Objective #1: Efficient resource usage and allocation
- Organizational Objective #2: Quality Internal and External service
Community Outcome: Serve as a catalyst for community growth and development
- Community Goal: To improve life through learning for the community through partnerships designed to promote pathways to higher education, skill training, and workforce development
- Goal Assessment: Employer satisfaction, training satisfaction, focus groups and advisory committee surveys
- Community Objective #1: Partnerships to support higher education opportunities
- Community Objective #2: Provide skill training for individuals and organizations
- Community Objective #3: Provide resources and opportunities for workforce development