If you are a currently enrolled Isothermal Community College student, be sure and get your ID. This ID may be used as a form of identification on campus, and you may even be able to get student discounts with various merchants.
Students who are enrolled in curriculum course work during fall and spring semesters are required to pay the student activity fee. Identification (ID) cards are offered to students who pay the student activity fee.
The card provides students with their student identification number. We strongly encourage students to memorize this number, because it is frequently requested across campus by advisors, financial aid staff, bookstorestaff, and the business office. Please note that this number is to be used in lieu of a Social Security number as it is more secure. A temporary card providing students with their identification number can be obtained at the office of Student Services.
- Only students who have paid the student activity fee may receive a student ID card. An ID card will not be made for Career and College Promise students. Interested senior citizens may elect to receive an ID free of charge.
- This official identification card should be carried by the student at all times on the college campus.
- The card must be presented when requested by college officials or at college activities on and off the college premises.
- The card is not transferable to another person. There will be a charge of $5.00 for ID card replacement. If the student would like his picture remade, there is a charge of $5.00 as well.
- The card should not be altered in any way.
- This card is the property of Isothermal Community College. If found, please return to Student Services.
- Students may elect to have their cards reprinted yearly without a card replacement charge.
- ID cards are made during the first few weeks of the fall and spring semester by the Student Services staff. Students who have lost or broken their ID cards must wait to pay the card replacement fee and have their cards remade after the published date.
The ID card provides the following:
- Automatic membership in the Student Government Association of Isothermal Community College, which allows students to run for officer or senator in the SGA and to vote in the election
- Free admission to some activities sponsored by the college
- Discounts at some of the local stores, restaurants, and for Isothermal Cosmetology Services.