Important Items to Remember
- To be certified to receive VA Education Benefits you must: 1) select an approved program of study; 2) meet all admissions requirements; and 3) have all credentials required by the Admissions Office received and evaluated.
- You cannot be paid for audited courses, independent study courses, credits by exam, courses taken outside of your program of study, repeated courses previously passed, courses in which transfer credit has been awarded, or any other courses not counting toward graduation.
- You may be paid only for those courses which are a part of your program of study. It is your responsibility to ensure enrollment in courses strictly required in your curriculum.
- You may not take excessive electives for benefits. Only the elective hours required for degree completion as stated in the Isothermal Community College Catalog in your program of study may be used.
- If substituting a class, an approved “Course Substitution Form” must be on file in the office of Student Records and a copy sent to the VA Certifying Official.
- It is your responsibility to immediately inform the VA Certifying Official of any changes in your enrollment after your certification has been forwarded to the Department of Veterans Affairs. (For example: a change in your curriculum, if you drop or add courses, or if you withdraw from classes or totally from school.)
- You are expected to attend class meetings. Failure to report non-attendance or changes in your enrollment will result in suspension of your VA Education Benefits. You will be liable for any false information given.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress toward completion of your program of study. Unsatisfactory academic progress will result in termination of your VA benefits. Refer to the College Catalog for additional information.
- You must submit a copy of your registration receipt and schedule to the VA Certifying Official each semester or session you register at ICC.
- Students receiving benefits under the MGIB-Active Duty (Ch. 30), MGIB Selected Reserve (Ch. 1606), or Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP, Ch. 1607), MUST verify attendance monthly to receive benefits.
Verification of attendance can be done as follows:
On the internet using W.A.V.E. (Web Automated Verification of Attendance) at www.gibill.va.gov