Each year, Isothermal Community College sponsors a cover design contest open to students enrolled at Isothermal during any term in the current school year. The cover proposals are judged by a qualified person with expertise in graphic design. The first-place design becomes the cover for that year’s Anuran, the school’s literary magazine. The other winners and honorable mentions will be published inside the magazine. Winners and honorable mentions will be recognized publicly.
Cash prizes will be awarded: $100 for first; $75 for second; and $50 for third; and $25 for fouth. Honorable Mentions will receive a certificate.
- Students enrolled in at least one term from summer 2014 to spring 2015 at Isothermal Community College may enter.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 8 entries.
- All entries must be standard 8 ½ x 11 inches, “landscape,” single-fold format with front and back. The front cover should contain the title and edition information, Anuran 2015. Because of the binder on the magazines, front and back covers must fit a 5 x 8 format. Those whose designs are winners or honorable mentions will be required to submit a JPEG or Photoshop file for production purposes.
- The reverse of the entry should include the following: designer’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Covers must be previously unpublished.
- Last year's first place winner is ineligible for the first place award in this year's contest.
- Covers will be available for return after May 1 from the Arts and Sciences secretary on the second floor of the Administration Building.
- Entries should be submitted to Erin Balmer or Elisabeth Barrows, Faculty Suite, Administration Building, 2nd floor.