Each year, Isothermal Community College sponsors a cover design contest open to students enrolled at Isothermal during any term in the current school year. The cover proposals are judged by a qualified person with expertise in graphic design. The first-place design becomes the cover for that year’s Anuran, the school’s literary magazine. The other winners and honorable mentions will be published inside the magazine. Winners and honorable mentions will be recognized publicly.
Cash prizes will be awarded: $100 for first; $75 for second; and $50 for third; and $25 for fourth. Honorable Mentions will receive a certificate.
- Students enrolled in at least one term from summer 2015 to spring 2016 at Isothermal Community College may enter.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 8 entries.
- All entries must be standard 8 ½ x 11 inches, “landscape,” single-fold format with front and back. The front cover should contain the title and edition information, Anuran 2016. Because of the binder on the magazines, front and back covers must fit a 5x8 format. Those whose designs are winners or honorable mentions should submit their original Adobe Creative Suite file.
- Covers must be previously unpublished.
- Last year's first place winner is ineligible for the first place award in this year's contest.
- Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com to the attention of Erin Balmer and Matthew Humphries. Please include the following contact information in your email: your name, address, and telephone number.
- Please send any questions to the attention of Erin Balmer or Matthew Humphries at firstname.lastname@example.org