Career and College Promise
Isothermal Community College will be offering Career and College Promise high school students the following academic pathways. Students can only take the courses in their selected pathway.
Core 44 Transfer Pathway
- Humanities and Social Science Pathway
- Business and Economics Pathway
- Life and Health Sciences Pathway
- Engineering and Mathematics Pathway
Business Sciences Career and Techanical Education Pathway
- Business Adminstration - The Business Administration curriculum is designed to introduce students to the various aspects of the free enterprise system. Students will be provided wit hte fundamental knowledge of business functions, processes, and an understanding of business organizations in today's global economy.
- Web Technologies - The Web Technologies curriculum prepares graduates for careers in the information technology arena using computers and distributed computing to disseminate and collect information via the web.
- Medical Office Adminstration - This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
- Networking Technology - The Networking Technology curriculum prepares individuals or employment supporting network infrastructure environments. Students will learn how to use technologies to provide reliable transmission and delivery of data, voice, image, and video communications in business, industry, and education.
- Office Adminstration - The Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for positions in administrative support careers. It equips office professionals to respond to the demands of a dynamic computerized workplace.
Applied Science and Technologies Career and Technical Education Pathway
- Advertising and Graphic Design - The Advertising and Graphic Design curriculum is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills necessary for employment in the graphic design profession which emphasizes design, advertising, illustration, and digital and multimedia preparation of printed and electronic promotional materials.
- Broadcasting and Production Technology (Audio Track) - At Isothermal, students have access to over one million dollars worth of audio and video equipment -- the same equipment that the professionals use. It’s the real world experience that Isothermal students receive that has propelled them to success in the highly competitive world of broadcasting.
- Broadcasting and Production Technology (Video Track) - At Isothermal, students have access to over one million dollars worth of audio and video equipment -- the same equipment that the professionals use. It’s the real world experience that Isothermal students receive that has propelled them to success in the highly competitive world of broadcasting.
- Building Construction Technology -
The Building Construction Technology curriculum is designed to provide students with an overview of the building construction industry.
- Manufacturing Technology - The Manufacturing Technology curriculum provides an introduction to the principles and practices of manufacturing in today’s global marketplace. The student will be exposed to valuable high-tech concepts applicable in a variety of industries such as plastics, metals, furniture, textiles, and electronics
- Industrial Systems Technology - The Industrial Systems Technology curriculum is designed to prepare or upgrade individuals to safely service, maintain, repair, or install equipment. Instruction includes theory and skill training needed for inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing industrial systems.
- Electrical System Technology -
- Computer Engineering Technology - The Computer Engineering Technology curriculum provides the skills required to install, service, and maintain computers, peripherals, networks, and microprocessor and computer controlled equipment. It includes training in both hardware and software, emphasizing operating systems concepts to provide a unified view of computer systems.
- Electronics Engineering Technology -
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - The Mechanical Engineering Technology curriculum prepares graduates for employment as mechanical technicians. Typical assignments would include assisting in the design, development, testing, and repair of mechanical equipment. Emphasis is placed on the integration of theory and mechanical principles.
- Sustainability Technologies - Sustainability Technologies curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for employment in environmental, construction, alternative enenergy, manufacturing, or related industries, where key emphasis is placed on energy production and waste reduction along with sustainable technologies.
- Computer-Integrated Machining -
- Mechanical Drafting Technology - The Mechanical Engineering Technology curriculum prepares graduates for employment as mechanical technicians. Typical assignments would include assisting in the design, development, testing, and repair of mechanical equipment. Emphasis is placed on the integration of theory and mechanical principles.
- Welding Technology - Welding Technology provides students with a sound understanding of the science, technology, and applications essential for successful employment in the welding and metal industry.
- Cosmetology - The Cosmetology curriculum is designed to provide competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills.
- Manicuring / Nail Technology -
- Criminal Justice Technology - The Criminal Justice Technology curriculum is designed to provide knowledge of criminal justice systems and operations. Study will focus on local, state, and federal law enforcement, judicial processes, corrections, and security services. The criminal justice system’s role within society will be explored.
- Early Childhood Education -
- Infant/Toddler Care
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
****Pathways are subject to change****