Technical Requirements for Online Learning
To be successful in taking online courses, students should:
Be able to perform basic computer operations such as:
Have access to:
- Copying, saving, moving and deleting files on your computer
- Installing new software
- Using a web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Using word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- Using email for communication and to exchange files
- A computer with Internet connection (or be able to come to campus computer labs)
- Email. Isothermal Community College provides student email accounts to all curriculum students
- Required software. This will vary by course - check with your instructor. Nearly all courses will require common software such as browser software (Firefox or Chrome) and word processing software (Microsoft Word)
NOTE: While even very old computers may be able to connect to the Internet, many machines more than three to four years old may not be able to run required software. Check with your instructor if you think your computer may be too slow to run special software required for some courses.
Isothermal Community College participates in the Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus.