Certificate is also available in this curriculm.
The Web Technologies curriculum prepares graduates for careers in the information technology area using computers and distributed computing to disseminate and collect information via the web. Course work in this program covers the terminology and use of computers, network devices, networks, servers, databases, applications, programming languages, as well as web applications, site development and design. Studies will provide opportunity for students to learn related industry standards.
Graduates will be able to:
- Design web sites using industry standard development tools and techniques
- Design web sites using industry standard web markup and scripting languages
- Demonstrate the ability to develop database driven websites
What fields or jobs are available for Web Technologies majors?
- Database Administrator for Web-based organizations
- Web content writers
- Web developer
- Web graphic designer
- Web master
- Web project managers
- Web site administration
Who employs Web Technologies majors?
- Banking and other financial related industries
- Government (national, state, and local)
- Professional services (real estate, legal, engineering)
Skills or traits of a Web Technologies Professional:
- Ability to effectively relate Web-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices in developing Web sites and Web pages
- Knowledge of network systems and security protocols, Web development software programs and implementation
- Solid leadership qualities