Certificate is also available in this curriculum.
The Web Technologies curriculum prepares graduates for careers in the information technology area using computers and distributed computing to disseminate and collect information via the web. Course work in this program covers the terminology and use of computers, network devices, networks, servers, databases, applications, programming languages, as well as web applications, site development and design. Studies will provide opportunity for students to learn related industry standards.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate planning techniques for building professional websites
- Employ industry standard techniques for designing effective web content
- Create professional website layouts and designs
- Understand website security concerns
- Use industry standard tools including but not limited to Dreamweaver, HTML, Scripting, and web based technologies to create a professional website
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of web marketing, e-commerce, and the social/technical evolution of web based technologies
What fields or jobs are available for Web Technologies majors?
- Database Administrator for Web-based organizations
- Web content writers
- Web developer
- Web graphic designer
- Web master
- Web project managers
- Web site administration
Who employs Web Technologies majors?
- Banking and other financial related industries
- Government (national, state, and local)
- Professional services (real estate, legal, engineering)
Skills or traits of a Web Technologies Professional:
- Ability to effectively relate Web-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices in developing Web sites and Web pages
- Knowledge of network systems and security protocols, Web development software programs and implementation
- Solid leadership qualities