Diploma and Certificate are also available.
The Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for positions in administrative support careers. It equips office professionals to respond to the demands of a dynamic computerized workplace. Students will complete courses designed to develop proficiency in the use of integrated software, oral and written communication, analysis and coordination of office duties and systems, and other support topics.
Graduates will be able to:
- Key, format, and edit business documents according to professional guidelines and industry standards
- Analyze the ability to understand the office environment, procedures, and policies
- Display appropriate communication skills within the office environment
- Develop business documents utilizing appropriate word processing software
- Develop business documents utilizing appropriate spreadsheet software
- Develop business documents utilizing appropriate presentation software
- University of North Carolina Greensboro
What fields or jobs are available for Office Administration majors?
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Office Manager
Who employs Office Administration majors?
- Dental Practices
- Educational Systems
- Governmental Agencies
- Health Departments
- Insurance Companies
- Law Practices
- Physician Practices
Skills or traits of an Office Administration Professional:
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Honesty and integrity
- Knowledge of information technology
- Proficient in typing
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor – 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Business Sciences Department – 828-395-1670
- http://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/secretaries-and-administrative-assistants.htm :
- Leading Administrative Professionals: http://www.iaap-hq.org/
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library