Certificate is also available in this curriculum.
The Networking Technology curriculum prepares individuals for employment supporting network infrastructure environments. Students will learn how to use technologies to provide reliable transmission and delivery of data, voice, image, and video communications in business, industry, and education. Course work includes design, installation, configuration, and management of network infrastructure technologies and network operation systems. Emphasis is placed on the implementation and management of network software and the implementation and management of hardware such as switches and routers.
Graduates will be able to:
- Design network infrastructure technologies and network operating systems
- Install network infrastructure technologies and network operating systems
- Configure infrastructure technologies and network operating systems
- Manage infrastructure technologies and network operating systems
What fields or jobs are available for Networking Technology majors?
- Local area network managers
- Network analysts
- Network operators
- Network technician
- Project Manager
Who employs Networking Technology majors?
- Banking and other financial related industries
- Government (national, state, and local)
- Professional services (real estate, engineering)
Skills or traits of a Networking Technology Professional:
- Ability to effectively relate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate as an effective team member Demonstrate interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of maintenance of Internet, intranet, and extranet infrastructure and services.
- Knowledge of network systems, software programs, and network operations and implementation
- Solid leadership qualities
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor – 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Business Sciences Department – 828-395-1670
- CompTIA: http://certification.comptia.org/
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library