Information Systems Security
Certificate is available in this curriculm.
Information Systems Security covers a broad expanse of technology concepts. This curriculum provides individuals with the skills required to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls. Course work includes networking technologies, operation systems administration, information policy, intrusion detection, security administration, and industry best practices to protect data communications.
What fields or jobs are available for Information Systems Security majors?
- Chief security officer (CSO)
- Chief information security officer (CISO)
- Director/manager of security
- Security administrator
- Security analyst/engineer
- Security auditor
- Security consultant
- Security specialist
Who employs Information Systems Security majors?
- Banking and other financial related industries
- Government (national, state, and local)
- Professional services (real estate, engineering)
Skills or traits of an Information Systems Security Professional:
- Ability to effectively relate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate as an effective team member
- Demonstrate interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices in developing security procedures and infrastructure
- Knowledge of network systems and security protocols, security software programs and implementation
- Solid leadership qualities
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor – 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Business Sciences Department – 828-395-1670
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium: http://www.isc2.org
- Information Systems Security Association: http://www.issa.org/
- SANS Institute: http://www.sans.org/
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library
Students are advised to contact Blain Jones, Information Systems Advisor, at (828) 395-1459 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.