Healthcare Business Informatics
The Healthcare Business Informatics curriculum prepares individuals for employment as specialists in installation, data management, data archiving/retrieval, system design and support, and computer training for medical information systems. Students learn about the field through multidisciplinary coursework including the study of terminology relating to informatics, systems analysis, networking technology, computer/network security, data warehousing, archiving and retrieval of information, and healthcare computer infrastructure support.
What fields or jobs are available for Healthcare Business Informatics majors?
- Computer training for Medical Information Systems
- Specialists in data archiving/retrieval of Medical Information Systems
- Specialists in data management of Medical Information Systems
- System design and support of Medical Information Systems
Who employs Healthcare Business Informatics majors?
- Home health agencies
- Medical billing agencies
- Out-patient surgery facilities
- Physicians’ offices
Skills or traits of a Healthcare Business Informatics Professional:
- Computer maintenance
- Database/data warehousing
- Healthcare computer infrastructures
- Healthcare informatics
- Medical coding and billing
- Medical/legal issues
- Systems analysis & design
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor – 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Business Sciences Department – 828-395-1670
- Health Informatics/Business Pathway: http://www.healthcarepathway.com/Health-Care-Careers/health-informatics.html
- Healthcare Informatics Magazine: http://www.healthcare-informatics.com/
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library