Certificate is also available in this curriculum.
The Entrepreneurship Degree is designed for people who currently own or are planning to start a small business. The degree focuses on the resources and skills needed to take a business idea from planning and start up to operation.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the capacity to identify and acquire the financial resources needed for the creation and implementation of a new venture
- Show an understanding of the creativity and innovation involved in the entrepreneurial process as it relates to new business startup
- Define the ethical and legal framework in which business decisions are made
- Develop advertising strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm's profits
- Construct a business plan and essential financial documents for a small business
- Demonstrate a knowledge of business operations, the business organization, and business procedures
What fields or jobs are available for Entrepreneurship majors?
- Small Business Owner
- Marketing and Customer Relations
- Business Consultant /Analyst
- Product Development Manager
- Account Executive
Who employs Entrepreneurship majors?
- Professional Associations
- Non-Profit & Profit Organizations
- Government Agencies
Preparing for a career in Entrepreneurship:
Depending upon the requirements of the type of business you plan to start, there are a variety of skills that may be useful. However, for additional information and support there are many organizations that can assist with funding for start up, understanding legal and financial requirements, and dealing with personnel.
What skills or interests are best suited to owning your own business?
- Are moderate risk takers
- Enjoy seeking new opportunities
- Desire taking responsibility for accomplishing goals
- Have a high energy level
- Skilled at organizing
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor – 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Business Sciences Department – 828-395-1670
• Ask about the WISE program - Isothermal Community College and Western Carolina University have joined forces to offer our students a first of its kind educational path with many career opportunities.
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library