Diploma and Certificate are also available.
Certificate is offered in the following:
- Business Administration
Specific tracks available in the following:
- General Business
The Business Administration curriculum is designed to introduce students to the various aspects of the free enterprise system. Students will be provided with a fundamental knowledge of business functions, processes, and an understanding of business organizations in today's global economy. Coursework includes business concepts such as accounting, business law, economics, management, and marketing. Skills related to the application of these concepts are developed through the study of computer applications, communication, team building, and decision-making.
Through these skills, students will have a sound business education base for lifelong learning.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of accounting and finance in the management process
- Discuss various economic principles and articulate the impact that those principles have on domestic and global economies
- Explain the role of marketing in the business environment and apply core marketing principles to the development of business strategy and decision-making process
- Review the impact of leadership, employee behavior, group dynamics, and the team-based approach in defining organizational culture
- Define the ethical and legal framework in which business decisions are made
- Gardner-Webb University GOAL Program in Business Administration
- Western Carolina University
What fields or jobs are available for Business Administration majors?
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Employment Counselor
- Executive Secretary
- Financial Manager
- Government Services Administrator
- Human Resources Manager
- Materials Manager
- Office Manager
- Personnel or HR Assistant
- Purchasing Manager/Agent
- Quality Control Manager/Auditor
- Sales Representative
Who employs Business Administration majors?
- Banks and credit unions
- Government offices
- Health care industry
- Industries/Manufacturing firms
- Life insurance companies
- Public firms
- Retail stores
- Service industry
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor – 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Business Sciences Department – 828-395-1670
- Careers in Business: http://www.careers-in-business.com
- Human Resource Certification Institute: http://www.hrci.org
- Institute Of Certified Professional Managers: http://cob.jmu.edu/icpm
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library