Isothermal Community College


Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

The Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) addresses the admission of community college graduates to UNC institutions and the transfer of credits between institutions within the North Carolina Community College System and institutions within the University of North Carolina.

The CAA assures admission to one of these University of North Carolina institutions with the following stipulations:

  • Admission is not assured to a specific campus or a specific program or major.
  • Students must have graduated from a North Carolina Community College with an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree.
  • Students must meet all requirements of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.
  • A student must have an overall GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the college from which he or she graduated, and a grade of "C" or better in all CAA courses.
  • Students must be academically eligible for re-admission to the last institution attended.
  • Students must meet judicial requirements of the institution to which the student applies.
  • Students must meet all application requirements at the receiving institution including the submission of all required documentation by stated deadlines.

If a student is denied admission to a UNC institution, then he or she will receive a letter from that institution directing the student to the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) website. At the CFNC website (, the student will be presented with the conditions of the TAAP (specified above), and if these conditions are met, the student will be given information regarding space availability and contacts within the UNC system. The student should contact those institutions to get specific information about admissions and available majors. If the previous steps do not result in admission to a UNC institution, then the student should contact the CFNC Resource Center at 1-866-866-CFNC.

CAA Grievance Policy

If a transfer student perceives that the terms of the CAA have not been honored, he or she may follow the CAA Grievance Procedure as outlined.