Applied Sciences and Technologies
Criminal Justice Technology
Diploma and certificate are available in this curriculum.
The Criminal Justice Technology curriculum is designed to provide knowledge of criminal justice systems and operations. Study will focus on local, state, and federal law enforcement, judicial processes, corrections, and security services. The criminal justice system’s role within society will be explored. Emphasis is on criminal justice systems, criminology, juvenile justice, criminal and constitutional law, investigative principles, ethics, and community relations. Additional study may include issues and concepts of government, counseling, communications, computers, and technology.
What fields or jobs are available for Criminal Justice majors?
- Correctional Officer
- County Detention Officer
- Deputy Sheriff
- Police Officer
- Private Security Specialist
- State Trooper
- Surveillance Officer
- East Carolina University Online Program in Criminal Justice Technology
- Gardner-Webb University GOAL Program in Criminal Justice Technology
- Western Carolina University
Who employs Criminal Justice majors?
- Administrative Office of the Courts
- County Sheriff’s Office
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Local Police Departments
- Military Police
- NC Department of Corrections
- NC State Highway Patrol
- Private Security Companies or Firms
Criminal Justice Technology Career Pathways:
- Juvenile Justice/Human Services Counselor
- Pre-Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Pre-Criminal Investigation/Forensics
- Pre-Corrections Officer or Probation/Parole Officer
- Pre-Military Service
How can I know if a Criminal Justice degree is right for me?
Make an appointment to visit the Office of Learning Support and Retention. A career counseling professional will meet with you to help you assess your interest and abilities in an effort to discover a career path that is right for you. Call 828-395-1436 to make an appointment.
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library
Gainful Employment Information Certificate
Gainful Employment Information Diploma
More information on this degree can also be obtained by contacting the Applied Sciences Department at 828-395-1441.