Applied Sciences and Technologies
Diploma is available in this curriculum.
Certificates are also offered in the following:
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Esthetics Instructor
- Esthetics Technology
- Manicuring Instructor
- Manicuring/Nail Technology
The Cosmetology curriculum is designed to provide competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills. Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional imaging, hair design, chemical processes, skin care, nail care, multi-cultural practices, business/computer principles, product knowledge, and other selected topics.
What fields or jobs are available for Cosmetology majors?
- Beauty Salons-Entrepreneurship
- Color Specialist
- Cruise Ship Stylist
- Instructor/Educator for Specialized Area
- Make-up Artist for Fashion Runways
- Nail Care Specialist
- Platform Artist
- Sales Consultant, Retail Distributor
- Skin Care Specialist
Who employs Cosmetology majors?
- Booth Retail
- Franchise paid by commission and sales
- Private or Community College Instructor
- Self Employed by Ownership and/or Partnership
How can I know if a Cosmetology degree is right for me?
Make an appointment to visit the Office of Learning Support and Retention. A career counseling professional will meet with you to help you assess your interest and abilities in an effort to discover a career path that is right for you. Call 828-395-1436 to make an appointment.
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library
More information on this degree can also be obtained by contacting the Applied Sciences Department at 828-395-1441.