Applied Sciences and Engineering Technology
Building Construction Technology
Diploma and Certificate are also available in this curriculum.
Diploma is also available in the following:
Certificates are available in the following:
- Advanced Carpentry
- Basic Carpentry - Gainful Employment Information Certificate
- Basic Construction
- Basic Plumbing
- Building Contruction Gainful Employment Information Diploma
- Elementary Carpentry
- General Contractor Licensing Preparation
- Sustainable Building Design - Gainful Employment Information
The Building Construction Technology curriculum is designed to provide students with an overview of the building construction industry. Construction labs/lecture courses and other related classes, provide students with up-to-date knowledge on materials, trends, and techniques of the ever-changing construction industry.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads
- Utilize design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Demonstrate knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Demonstrate knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
- Apply the practical application of engineering science and technology, including principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and produce various goods and services
What fields or jobs are available for Building Construction majors?
- Construction Trades: plumbing, electrical
- Job Site Superintendents
- Owning your own company
- Project Coordinators
Who employs Building Construction Technology majors?
- Construction Companies
- Governmental Agencies
- Material Suppliers
- Self Employed
- Utility Companies
Preparing for a career in Building Construction Technology:
The Building Construction Technology Program provides students with a “hands on” approach to education. Students are not only exposed to the latest technology in construction through classroom experience, but also practice what they have learned by construction of homes. The knowledge and skills that are acquired enable the students to begin a career with a construction company at a much higher job level as well as increased salary. Upon graduation, the students posses the tools to open their own company if that is their choice.