Strategic Plan 2014-16
To get Rutherford and Polk county residents back to work, the College will maximize partnerships.
What We Have Heard that Shaped This Goal
- Equine organizations and local economic developers are constructing a world-class equestrian center in Polk County; however there is not an agricultural business degree offered locally.
- There is a growing regional need for employees with an engineering background; however, there is not an engineering background offered nearby.
- Over 1,000 sixth graders spent a day on campus on our 2nd annual Science Day.
- The College met its targeted enrollment growth rate for high school students in fall to fall unduplicated headcount for 2013.
- The Superintendent of Rutherford County Schools stated that the success of REaCH should be replicated in all area high schools.
What We Will Do to Achieve This Goal
Patriot's Aim Target Statement: Collaborate and partner with high schools to create greater access to academic programs and career and technical opportunities
- Maintain over 200 agreements with 2012-13 Community Partners
- Provide free and confidential one-on-one counseling services for existing and potential new business owners
- Begin development of an equine continuing education program based in Polk County
- Establish NC Works as the primary job placement service on campus
- Begin a partnership with the Rutherford County Arts Council to provide hands-on learning opportunities in theatrical production