Strategic Plan 2014-16
For our students to be job or transfer ready, the College will focus on educational planning toward degree completion.
What We Have Heard that Shaped This Goal
- Isothermal Community College was named the seventeenth best community college in the nation in 2013 by the Washington Monthly.
- The College ranked fifth in the North Carolina Community College System for transfer student success in 2014.
- Of a group of students entering the College six years ago, thirty-seven percent completed a credential, transferred, or remained a successful student. This is five percent below the NC Community College System Average and seven percent below the System Goal.
- The Appalachian Regional Commission designated Rutherford County as one of four economically distressed counties in North Carolina for the 2015 fiscal year.
- The annual growth rate of wages for an employee with a technical degree and some experience is nearly twice that of an employee with a high school degree.
What We Will Do to Achieve This Goal
Patriot's Aim Target Statement: Removing barriers to academic completion through educational planning to ensure that our students are job or transfer ready
- Identify a representative in each department for job placement information
- Ensure that students understand the requirements to receive and remain eligible for financial aid
- Form an Implementation Team to develop a Quality Enhancement Plan focused on educational planning, retention, and completion
- Recommend that semester course rotations are made available to students and advisors for all courses not taught every semester